1) It has been agreed that Green Acres (the “Seller” or “Our” or ‘We”) will provide a 24/7 on-call snow blowing service to the name and address (the Client) found on the reverse side of this sheet for the winter season from 12:01 am Nov.1 2021 – 12:01 am Apr. 1 2022 including statutory holidays. Green Acres will remove each snowfall with an accumulation equal to and greater than 4 centimeters. Cumulative amounts over multiple days, including drifting snow and any snowfall less than 4 centimeters and the build-up of freezing rain or ice is the responsibility of the homeowner. Exception: If a snow event is less than 7 cms on Christmas day and New Years day we may clear the snow event later in the evening. Expect delays on these two holidays.
1.1) FastPass Service – Our FastPass service is activated in larger storms approaching 15 cms or more. FastPass offers a quicker response time in larger snow events by only clearing a smaller area of your laneway to allow just enough access for your vehicles. FastPass does not include the shovel service. Multiple visits are possible in very large storms and once the snow accumulation has tapered off, a final full width clearing will take place returning your laneway to its usual width.
1.2) The snow Contract is binding between the Seller and the Client however, with written notice, the snow Contract can be
cancelled by either party at any time. The Seller shall be entitled on written notice to the Client, but without the consent of the Client, to assign all of its rights, benefits, remedies, and obligations under this Contract to any other entity or Corporation.
2) Due to the unpredictable nature of a snowfall and the City’s own snow clearing schedule, our completion times cannot be guaranteed. Every effort will be made to clear your laneway in the timeliest fashion possible. In the unlikely event of any unforeseen mechanical problems, Green Acres reserves the right to clear laneways by other means, such as a plow, solely as a last resort and very urgent basis.
3) On snow days we make multiple visits, including after the city plows have passed to ensure all snow is removed from the end of
your laneway. Please make every effort NOT to park your vehicle in the driveway as to not impede snow clearing on snow days. In the event of a slush/wet mix, it may become necessary for Green Acres to apply a plowing technique with our blowers at the end of the laneway due to blowing restrictions brought on by heavy wet slush/snow.
4) If the total amount of snowfall during this Contract exceeds the Ottawa annual average of 250 centimeters regardless of how many snow events under or over 5cm have occurred (as outlined and confirmed by Environment Canada’s reading at the Ottawa airport), this contract becomes renewed automatically at the new rate of $25.00 plus tax charged per storm clearing of any snowfall over 5 centimeters until the end of the snow season unless verbal or written notice by the client has been given. Should the contract approach the limit, every reasonable effort will be made to contact the client by email or hand delivered letter to allow time to decide on canceling service before automatically becoming renewed on a per storm basis.
5) Green Acres is not responsible for sanding and/or salting, damage to: extension cords, downspouts, basketball nets, overhanging branches, items left under the snow and expelled by our blowers, scratches of any kind including rust to any and all driveway surfaces. In the event of any other damage it must be reported within 6 weeks after the contract end date.
6) In the event the City of Ottawa clears excess snow on non-snowfall days, we cannot be responsible for immediate removal. However, for a minimal charge, arrangements can be made to clear debris.
7) Price matching refers to equivalent pricing with another snowblowing company in perfect standing with the Ottawa Better
Business Bureau holding an A+ rating for comparable services. A written copy of an estimate or contract from our competitor is required. We reserve the right to remove this offer at any time.
8) Services: Premium program customers will see along with tractor clearing, a separate team with shovels dispatched to clear in front of the garage, and one walkway including any steps and landing. Shoveling service is performed only once per storm and after your laneway has been cleared and once the snow has finished accumulating. We do not shovel around parked cars (please refer to section 9). Basic program customers will see visits from our tractors for laneway clearing only with no shoveling service at all. The tractor will make every reasonable effort to clear as much snow as possible close to garage doors and cars. The tractor should be able to clear safely within two feet of any garage door.
9) Post Storm tractor re-visits are available upon request only within 24 hours (next day) to take care of touch-ups, vehicles that have moved, and extra sidewalk clearing by the City. Request must be made before 11:00am of the day following our initial snow event. Only a request made by telephone or email will be accepted. We will generally clear between 10am-2pm.